Yunnnan Alternative Development Association (YNADA)
ABOUT CN ACAD
China Alternative Cultivation And Development (in short CN ACAD), or usually called AD program, is focusing on opium poppy elimination, poverty alleviation, and community development in opium poppy planting zones of Laos and Myanmar.
It based on the UN advocated international framework of drug control cooperation, and bilateral agreements between China and the neighborcountries.
According to the developing needs of poppy-prohibited community, the ACAD programs dedicated to helps local residents to develop agricultural crops as alternative livelihoods and food resources, so as to stop the drug planting and to improve better life of local peoples.
As part of international anti-drug cooperation, the ACAD program following the five principles of peaceful coexistence, as well as the principles of mutual respect, equal mutual-benefit, and friendly cooperation. It takes economic means to support poppy growers to eradicate the sources of traditional drugs (opium and heroin), and meanwhile, to help the growers to get rid of the “fate” for generations of poverty and relying on opium poppy cultivation.
Yunnan Alternative Development Association, in short YNADA, is founded in June 2008, with more than 140 member enterprises, four prefecture offices in Yunnan province, and one representative office in Laos.
In the past years, YNADA has dedicated itself in ACAD research, compliance development, domestic & foreign exchange, cooperation, member service, and policy advocacy. And, through its members, carried out projects about opium poppy alternative and rural community development in Laos and Myanmar. As the result of its remarkable social contribution and internal management, YNADA was acknowledge by domestic and foreign authorities, and its members as well.
Promote compliance and sustainable development of ACAD industry.
- Provide consultation and services for members.
- Promote communication and cooperation between the overseas project managers and the relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out ACAD industry research and policy advocacy.
- Organize trainingand exchanges, as well as promote industry talents, experience exchange and industry publicity.
- Organize domestic and abroad public welfare activities.
As the result of standardized organizational management, remarkable working results and positive social impact, YNADA won honors for times:
- 2011, as the only representative of social organizations of Yunnan province, YNADA was invited to join conference of National Social Organization for Excellence in Beijing.
- 2012, YNADA was awarded, as the first batch among provincial NGOs, 5A level association (the top level of official evaluation) of Yunnan province.
- 2015,YNADA was awarded “National Advanced Social Organization” by the Ministry of Civil Affairs.
- 2018,YNADA was listed as demonstration local organization of Kunming city.
- 2019, YNADA was rated as advanced Kunming local organization.
- 2019, YNADA was awarded again the 5A level association of Yunnan province by Yunnan Civil Affairs Department.
- 2019, YNADA was selected by the National Development and Reform Commission as self-reform case of social organization.
- 2020, YNADA was awarded excellent organization by Yunnan Provincial Federation of Industry and Commerce (chamber of commerce in general).
- 2021, YNADA was awarded excellent organization by China Federation of Industry and Commerce.
- 2021, YNADA was rated excellent local organization by Xishan district of Kunming city.
- 2022, the Yunnan provincial Department of Commerce, Department of Human Resources and Social Security of Yunnan Province jointly awarded YNADA the provincial advanced commerce affairs organization.